AustinPUG Health

AustinPUG Health

So what if there are some mold and mildew growth on the outer walls of your home. They are not doing you any harm, anyway. Yes, they look ugly, but so far, you have not experienced any untoward effects from them, so why bother getting rid of them, right? Wrong. Mold and mildew can be pretty dangerous. Below are the dangers mold and mildew growth pose to humans.

mold and mildew What Are The Dangers Of Having Mold And Mildew Growth In Your Home?

It Causes Allergies

If you are constantly suffering from rhinitis and sinusitis or if there is always an exacerbation of your asthma attacks, then you might be suffering from the effects of mold and mildew growth. Mold releases dangerous spores into the atmosphere that, when inhaled, can cause allergies. Even if the mold is dead, it is still going to release these spores.

Spores trigger different types of allergies. It can trigger a rhinitis and sinusitis attack. Symptoms of this allergic reaction are similar to that of a hay fever but have a longer duration. You will have runny nose coupled with red, puffy eyes as well as coughing. Nasal congestion is also present, together with sore throat.

In addition to sinusitis and rhinitis, spores also exacerbate asthma attacks. The more mold growth in your home, the more frequent and the longer the duration of the asthma attacks.

Dermatitis can also be triggered by mold spores. This allergic reaction is characterized by itchy skin that is oftentimes red. Rash may also develop throughout the body.

Finally, mold spores can cause the development of pneumonitis. Symptoms of this disease include fever and chills with some body aches and pains. You might also experience some shortness of breath as well as coughing. Weight loss may also be present because of appetite loss. If left untreated, it could lead to permanent lung problems and bleeding lungs.

It Causes Infection

If you or one of your family members is suffering from weak or compromised immune system, then you are more prone to infection caused by mold spores. Let us say for example that you have an open wound and come into contact with mold spores, then there is a high risk for the wound getting infected. Because your immune system is weak or compromised, your body will have a hard time fighting off the infection that, in the end, you will end up needing medication to fight the infection.

Infection of the lungs could also develop to people with chronic lung diseases like COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) if they are constantly exposed to mold spores. The mold spores can get into the lungs and cause very serious lung infection. If the infection is not treated immediately, lung scarring could develop. Also, if the infection progresses to other parts of the body, it could begin to affect the other organs systems as well, causing them to fail. If left untreated, it could lead to death.

You need to get rid of the mold and mildew growth inside and outside of your home. If your roof, walls, pavement, etc. are infested with mold and mildew growth, then get a professional to get rid of them for you. Their power washers and safe but very effective cleaning products can easily rid any surface of your home of this unwanted growth.


 About the Author : Jennifer Daniels regularly contributes articles to several home improvement blogs. If there is mold and mildew growth in your home, she recommends getting in touch with professional cleaners, such as your local San Jose power washing company.
Image Source 1




Leave a Reply