You don’t need to make drastic changes to improve the quality of your life. There are a number of small changes you can make to your everyday routine that will help you live a healthier and happier lifestyle.
Here is a list of small steps that will improve the quality of your life. If you take these small steps consistently, you will notice positive changes in all areas of your life.
1. To improve your life at home, set aside some time everyday to clean clutter around your house. For example:
Day 1: Declutter DVD collection
Day 2: Declutter kitchen supplies
Day 3: Declutter home office
2. Try to keep everything in its place. If you take something out, put it back. If you take it off, hang it up. This will help keep things in your house in order.
3. Walk around your house and observe the things you’ve been meaning to fix. Make a list of these things and try to fix one thing from your list every week. For example:
A light bulb that needs to be changed
A button that is missing on your favorite shirt
4. Make a list of at least 20 things you love doing. Try to do one of these things every day.
5. Try to laugh every day. Find a website that features a new joke each day, or watch your favorite comedy show.
6. Find a good book that will intrigue you and try to read a little bit everyday.
7. Even though you might be done with school, it’s still important to learn. Try to learn one new thing everyday. Learn how to play chess or take out the dictionary and learn a new word.
8. Stop being negative. Try to stop complaining for the next 100 days. Negative talk produces negative thoughts. Do your best to be positive.
9. Set your alarm one minute earlier than you did the day before. Try to wake up as soon as your alarm goes off and get your day started early. Do a little stretching or an early morning workout to start your day off on the right foot.
10. Create a monthly budget for yourself. Track where you spend your money so you don’t overspend.
11. Create a grocery list before you go to the grocery store. Buy enough to last you a week or two and don’t buy anything that isn’t on that list.
12. Identify the time you spend each day doing low-priority activities. Replace these low-priority activities with high-priority ones.
13. Plan your day the night before. Create a to-do list to help you remember everything you need to accomplish for the next day.
14. Try to eat healthier. Eat five servings of vegetables and three servings of fruit everyday.
15. Keep a food log. This will help you identify what foods you need to cut out and what foods you should add to create a balanced diet.
16. Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday. You will be more energized and healthier overall.
17. Practice good oral hygiene. Brush and floss your teeth twice daily and purchase a new toothbrush at least every three months to keep your smile looking its best.
18. Connect with someone everyday. Whether it’s by greeting a neighbor or following someone new on Twitter.
19. Do a kind deed for someone. No matter how big or small it may be, a kind deed can turn someone’s day around and will make you feel better about yourself.
20. Actively listen to others. When someone is talking to you, remain focused on what they’re saying and wait till they are completely done speaking before you chime in.
These twenty easy, life-improving tips will make a big difference in your life if you practice them on a daily basis.
Trisha Banks is a blogger forin Lakeway, Texas. Trisha was looking for simple ways to improve the quality of her life.