Healthy and shiny skin is not just a sign of good health, it also adds to our personality, making us more well-groomed and presentable. As part of our normal lifestyles, we end up spending a fortune on various chemical laden products that promise shiny and healthy skin. Unfortunately, only a handful of these work, if at all, and that too with very less results.
If you’re looking to make some genuine and lasting changes on your skin, then opting for herbal home remedies is a good idea. Herbal ingredients are good for the skin as they rarely cause any side effects or allergy.
Here are some herbal tips that will help you in getting shiny and healthy skin.
1. A milk, honey and cream face mask is a great way to make your skin shiny and healthy. Milk and cream will keep the skin moisturized while honey will add glow to the face. This face pack will come handy especially during winters.
2. Make a face pack using multani mitti, neem leaves powder and crushed rose petals. Mix them all with lemon juice to make a smooth paste. Apply it thrice a week to get smooth and glowing skin.
3. Avocado contains lecithin, a protein, which is good for treating dry and damaged skin.
- Grind avocado to make a smooth paste and mix it with 2 teaspoon of yoghurt.
- This face pack will enhance your skin’s health to make it beautiful and glowing.
4. Sandalwood powder is a key ingredient in many skin care products and treatments. It effectively treats rashes, pimples, acne and other common skin problems. When applied externally it gives a calming and soothing effect on the skin.
- Take 2 teaspoon of red sandalwood powder and mix with coconut milk to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on the face thrice a week to get smooth and glowing skin.
5. Turmeric purifies the blood, nourishes the skin and gives a healthy natural glow and radiance. Its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and anti-ageing properties help reduce skin inflammation like acne, pimples, blemishes and skin pigmentation.
- Prepare a face pack by mixing turmeric, yoghurt and milk in equal quantity and apply it on the face.
- Leave the mask overnight and wash it off in the morning using a gentle cleanser.
- You can also massage your skin with coconut milk mixed with turmeric powder every day before shower to get smooth and healthy skin.
6. Aloe vera is well known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and healing properties. Regular application of aloe vera gel protects the outer layer of the skin and reduces inflammation to keep it healthy and shiny.
Mix aloe vera gel with wheat germ and almond oil and use it as a night cream to improve the texture of the skin.
7. Soak 4 to 5 almonds in water overnight and eat it the next morning. Almonds are rich in Vitamin E which soothes the skin to make it supple and glowing. You can also apply almond paste every night to nourish dry and rough skin.
8. Chamomile is an amazing herb which provides a number of skin benefits. It contains Alpha-bisabolo, a compound which reduces the appearance of fines lines, wrinkles and pimples.
- Boil chamomile tea in 200 ml water and leave it aside to cool.
- Use this tea to rinse your face with, or as a toner to heal the skin.
- You can also apply chamomile tea bags on your skin to get silky smooth and glowing skin.
9. Witch Hazel contains astringent properties which help reduce inflammation and redness of the skin and control excess sebum production, giving you a clean and oil free skin. It is also effective in treating dark circles. Apply witch hazel paste thrice a week to obtain maximum benefits.
10. Mix rose water and raw milk in equal quantity and apply it on the face and neck with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it overnight and wash it off the next day with cold water. This will surely work wonders for your skin.
One of the best things about using these herbal remedies is that they are so effective and have no side effects. And of course the fact that they are so easily available in most households is also a great reason why you should surely try out some of these tips immediately. Don’t forget to tell us in the comments about it.
- License: Royalty Free or iStock source: http://www.gettyimages.in/
This is Chetana, an Amateur Makeup artist from India and Founder of StyleCraze.com – India’s largest beauty network. I am completely addicted to Makeup & beauty especially the Colour play and the process involved.