If you have been experiencing problems in sitting comfortably, get yourself checked for piles? Yes, piles is a disease condition which hinders you from sitting comfortably. When you can’t do the basic seating, how will you do all other chores, be it professional or personal? And there is no other way to sit except on your hips. So, there is no option but to cure it completely.
Piles is a haemorrhoidal disease that is caused by increased pressure in the veins of the anus
Piles is a haemorrhoidal disease that is caused by increased pressure in the veins of the anus or rectum. The most common cause of piles is excessive straining during bowel movements. Constipation patients are at a higher risk of suffering from piles. Other causes are obesity, prolonged periods of standing or sitting, general weakness of the body tissues, mental tension, hereditary factors, dysentery, vigorous physical exercise, pregnancy, and cancer.
Nowadays, our diet is full of junk foods, which are poor in fiber content. Lack of fiber produces hard stools. This causes one to put greater pressure while passing out stools. Hemorrhoids swell and get inflamed causing piles.
Symptoms of piles
Symptoms of piles are pain or irritation while passing stools, bleeding from rectum, lump on the anus, slimy discharge of mucus, soiled undergarments, loss of appetite, discomfort and heaviness in the bowels, and paleness due to heavy bleeding. Piles can be both internal and external. Internal piles are difficult to feel except in serious cases. External piles can be seen around the anus.
Patients suffering from piles report a poor quality of life. They have to deal with the pain, discomfort, and embarrassment of the condition until it gets better.
Remedies for Piles:
- Keep constipation at bay. Include loads of fibrous foods in your diet like fruits and vegetables.
- Do not strain yourself while emptying the bowels. This can worsen the piles leading to increased pain and bleeding.
- Be relaxed. If you are always under stress and anxiety, you may face difficulty passing stools smoothly. Also, don’t rush while passing stools. Let them get through naturally and effortlessly.
- Give your digestive tract some rest, and don’t keep on burdening it with food every now and then. Eat at assigned meal times only. And only satiate yourself, don’t stuff yourself. Too much excreta to pass puts pressure on the rectal veins.
- Go on a fast for some days so that your intestine gets a thorough cleansing.
- Increase water consumption. This will improve the stool quality making them softer and easier to pass. You can even try fresh fruit juices made of grapes, apples, oranges, pineapples, and melons.
- If you are suffering from internal piles, try using suppositories of a reputed brand like Anusol. Creams and ointments are good for treating both types of piles.
- If you are suffering from dry and sore skin due to excessive bleeding and pain, you must prefer an ointment as it is greasy in nature and provides the much-needed moisture. The Anusol Plus HC Ointment is an ideal option for treating the pain, itchiness, and discomfort associated with either internal or external hemorrhoids.
Have a healthy diet that is conducive to your bowels, follow effective treatment measures, and live a pain-free life.