Are you someone who enjoys making other peoples lives better and more complete? Then becoming a yoga teacher may just be the perfect career choice for you strive for. Yoga is the essence of wellbeing and harmony, it brings all aspects of your mind, body, and spirit together in one complete healthy human being.
It is easy to help people find this, all you have to do is study, practice, and go through the yoga teacher training. They will teach you to all you need to know to become one of the best certified teachers of yoga around. If you care about other people and their well being then this is perfect for you.
Yoga has been around for a very long time dating back to 3,000 B.C. Although some say it has been around since civilization itself. Either way people have been practicing and enjoying the all around benefits of yoga for centuries.
When you go through the yoga teacher training you will learn all about where yoga originated and how it has effected people throughout history. You will learn all the ways it can and will benefit the people you are teaching. You will learn all the techniques that are associated with yoga. Here are three of the main yoga structures you will need to learn about, to improve your mind, body, and spirit.
: This is something that is necessary for you to achieve complete harmony within the mind, body, and spirit. For these three to come together completely, intelligence, emotion, and action must all be in balance. Meditating allows you to do this by clearing and focusing your mind and achieving peace and clarity within your mind.
: In yoga, your body is to always be respected and cared for since it is the primary instrument for growth and work. With yoga exercises, it will bring better health by improving circulation, building muscles, strengthening your core, and putting pressure on you glandular system which all helps to improve your body.
: Breath is the source of life for all people. You will learn to control your breathing so that your body and mind have the proper amount of oxygen to function at its best. This will also help you to concentrate so that you will be able to focus your mind and achieve a better frame of mind for meditation.
These are just a few of the things you will learn in the yoga teacher training course. You will learn the origins of the 8 limbs of yoga, here is a list of them so that you will be able to familiarize your self with them before you take the course.
- Yama: This is the ethical and moral behavior that you have for others.
- Niyama:This the moral and ethical behavior you have for yourself.
- Asana: This the practicing of the different yoga positions.
- Pranayama: these are the breathing exercises that you will practice.
- Pratyahara: This the withdrawing off all your senses to help you relax.
- Dharana: This works on concentration to help you focus your mind.
- Dhyana: these use the previous two combined to help you achieve meditation.
- Samadhi: The finding of bliss or enlightenment through merging oneself with the cosmos.
There are also 6 branches of yoga that you can learn about in the yoga teacher training. Here they are so that you will get a general idea of what you can be learning.
- Hatha Yoga- This the one that is widely practiced, it is posture yoga.
- Bhakti Yoga- This is devotion yoga
- Raja Yoga- This is all about self control yoga
- Jnana Yoga- This yoga deal with the mind.
- Karma Yoga- This yoga deals in the service to others.
- Tantra Yoga- This yoga is all about rituals.
No matter which yoga you prefer, they will all help you to enhance your mind, body, and spirit which in turn will allow you to lead a healthier and more fulfilling life. And when you take the yoga teacher training you will not only improve your life with this knowledge but others as well.
- License: Image author owned
Rose Drake is a freelance writer who has been featured in many magazines such as Lifestyle and prevention. She is currently writing blogs forand is in the process of releasing a book on the history of yoga.