Face is the real identity of a person and we all wish to have a clear and glowing face regardless of our age. Some people are blessed with amazing genes which give them a naturally beautiful skin while the rest of us are not so lucky and often suffer from common skin problems like acne, clogged pores and dull skin.
We often adopt several measures and follow all sorts of methods to enhance the beauty of our face but many of them do not work. There are several factors that affect the natural glow of the face which include ageing, environmental pollution, stress, lack of sound sleep, prolonged health conditions and poor dietary habits. So it’s important for you to check whether any of these factors are affecting you. Following are some ways which can help you get back your facial glow skin through simple and natural ways.
What you eat reflects on your skin. Taking a balanced diet which includes foods of various varieties is of utmost important for a healthy and glowing skin. Increase your daily intake of fresh fruits and vegetables like cucumber, watermelon, spinach, and asparagus and so on to keep the body and face hydrated which adds glow to the face. Also include lean meats in your diet which will supply your body with ample proteins which in turn will keep your skin healthy and young.
2.Water and other fluids:
Water is of utmost importance if you want clear and dewy skin. Drinking sufficient amount of water daily will keep the body and face hydrated and will maintain the natural glow of the face. Moreover it also helps to flush out the toxins and metabolic wastes and will keep the skin naturally pristine. Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.
You can also add lemon to plain water to stay hydrated. Lemon juice contains AHA’a, Alpha Hydroxy Acids which promotes skin elasticity and enables new cell growth rise from underneath. It also helps to flush out pores and makes the skin fresh and bright. Green tea increases effectiveness of sun screen and balances hormones which can lead to breakout.
Try to avoid excess usage of chemical laden cosmetics as prolonged use of these creams can leave the skin dull and spotted. Avoid using too much foundation on a regular basis as it clogs the pores which can make way for bacteria. Keep the face devoid of any makeup as much as possible and let your skin breath.
4.Exercises and yoga:
Regular physical exercises and workout helps you to achieve a great body and healthy skin as well. Exercise and yoga enhances blood circulation of the body and increase the supply of blood to the cells of the skin. Proper blood circulation will make the skin healthy and make the face glow. It also supplies oxygen to the skin which imparts glow. The endorphins produced during exercises protect our cell against damage. Do meditation for 15 minutes once a day as it not only relaxes the mind but also maintains the overall health of the body.
Exfoliate your skin daily and regularly to remove dead skin, toxins and other deposits which can dull our complexion and can lead to acne and other skin related problems.
Natural face masks
These are some natural homemade face mask which will help you to achieve a glowing and flawless skin with regular application:
1. Prepare a face mask using equal quantities of besan and cucumber juice and apply it all over the face. Let it stay for around 20 min and then wash it off. This will act as an astringent and will naturally bleach the skin.
2. Soak some masoor dal in water and leave it overnight. Then grind it to a fine paste. Then mix some curd to this paste and apply it all over the skin. Leave it for some time and when it dries completely, scrub the paste gently from the skin. This will also give an instant glow to your skin and regular application will improve the skin tone as well.
3. Dry some orange peelsand grind it to a fine powder. Take equal quantities of gram flour and orange peel powder and mix with raw milk. Apply this paste all over the face and leave it for half an hour. Wash it off with cold water and pat dry. This face mask will give you a fresh and glowing look and will effectively clear all the accumulated dirt and pollutants from the face.
4. Make a face mask using pulp of any fresh fruits preferably a papaya, or cucumber or water melon and apply it directly on your face. This will keep your skin hydrated, remove the tan and will soften the skin. You can also mix a mashed banana with pulp of a papaya and apply it on the face for at least half an hour.
5. Take equal amounts of lime juice and honey, mix it well and apply it on your face. Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it off. Lemon is a natural bleaching agent which will remove all the pigmentation and dark spots from the skin and honey will moisturize the skin and add glow to the face.